Hellooooo out there! I am fighting to keep my eyes open as I am recovering from my AMAZING weekend. Every bit of this tired feeling is worth it! :) We went to church family camp this weekend and it was SO much fun to fellowship with family and friends. The mountains were beautiful and being away for the weekend was exactly what I needed! God definitely spoke a word (as Beth Moore would say!) and I am again amazed at his awesomeness, love, and mercy on me. Here are a few pictures from the weekend! :)
It was a beautiful weekend that I will definitely never forget. But with every weekend...comes a Monday. And with a Monday, comes another work week. This week is going to be extra busy for me since I am going to be helping at VBS (Vacation Bible School) at church after work almost every night. What I have found is that the busier the week, the more careful I need to be about my meal plans. I don't want to be in a position where I have nothing to eat and am too short on time to make a healthy choice. SO! Even though I was pretty exhausted today, I went to the store and put together a plan for the week. Planning is key to a healthy lifestyle. Without planning, I feel like a chicken running around with no head. I don't know where that analogy came from, but I'll blame the sleepiness! Anyways, I thought I would share my plan so a) I would be held accountable and stick to it and b) I would remember it! I usually make a list of options for each meal, and switch them around depending on what I feel like and my assessment of leftovers! :)
- Hard boiled eggs with nuts
- Banana with nuts
- One of my healthy baked goods if I miraculously get a chance to bake this week!
Post workout breakfast options:
- Scrambles with veggies and/or sweet potato
- Hard boiled eggs
- Protein pancakes/waffles
- Taco meat with sweet potato
Lunch and Dinner options: I am going to have to eat a quick dinner before heading to church every evening, so I want to make sure to have extra food on hand!
- Leftover tri-tip
- Taco meat (I bought a pound of grass-fed beef from Trader Joe's today and it took about 10-15 minutes to prepare some taco meat! It was so quick and it is always so important to have emergency protein on hand!)
- Turkey burgers (I buy the frozen ones from Trader Joe's...they are so easy to whip up and extremely yummy!)
- Grilled chicken
- Spinach salads
Sides and snacks:
- Sweet potato (microwaving these has changed my lifeeee! So convenient!)
- Plantain chips
- Salads (obviously)
- Carrots w/hummus
- Fruits and veggies!
And that's my plan for the week! No gourmet cooking going on this week, but sometimes it is easier to just go back to your basics, plan some easy and healthy meals that are fool-proof, and attack that busy week like no other! Good luck with our Monday everyone!