Happy September everyone!! It's finally (almost) fall!! I am beyond excited! 1.) I love fall fashion! Boots and flannel and sweaters and everything!2.) It's my birthday month! I'm not the biggest fan of celebrating, but I am trying to be!! 3.) September is just one step closer to CHRISTMAS!!! My favorite time of the year!
And of course, with every new month, I like to reflect on my previous month and my goals, as well as think of new goals for the new month! I spent some time Monday morning coming up with some goals. I wanted to write about them to get my thoughts straight, as well as to stay accountable in accomplishing them!
1. Start scrapbooking. Yea, I had this goal last month, but never got around to it! I did print pictures, but I never got around to actually scrapbooking. This used to be one of my biggest hobbies and was so relaxing for me. I really hope to get back into it this month!
2. Sketch more. A lot of people don't know this about me, but I am an artist. I sketched and painted for over half of my life before adulthood took over and life got in the way. I miss having that creative outlet so much. I really want to make time this month to sketch at least once a week.
3. Gratitude list. I think the art of being thankful is definitely something that comes with practice. Even Paul states that he has "learned to be content in all circumstances" (Philippians 4:12). I want to spend time every day in the presence of God and tell Him how awesome He is and thank Him for all of His blessings!
4. Lean, clean, and green meals. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I have found my grove the past couple months with my workouts and nutrition. I have tried to remain as consistent as possible, while indulging in life's pleasures from time to time (hence, beignets on our 2 year anniversary!) But I have noticed a huge difference in my performance in the gym and my body composition when I eat healthy proteins and vegetables throughout the day!! I want to keep up my lean, clean, and green habits in September as well.
5. Run 5 miles, once per week. I am so happy that I have been able to run longer and faster lately! I want to run 5 miles at least once a week this month!
6. Lastly, I want to keep up with my toning workouts. I am seeing such great results working with my trainer and doing my own toning workouts from my log book. I have never liked lifting weights and am definitely a cardio queen, but seeing the results makes me want to lift and tone even more! I hope to keep up with my toning workouts 3 days per week, and possibly start lifting heavier.
Well, those are my goals for this lovely new month! I hope to be able to reach them all and, most importantly, enjoy the journey! Happy Tuesday, all!