49 days until my wedding and I already know that this month is going to be INSANE. Yesterday was my bridal shower and it was literally the perfect day. I had a tea party with all of my friends and family, and I couldn't have asked for a better time!
Photo credit so my cousin Lara and my friend Jessica!!
It was such a beautiful day and I will never forget it. Now on to the maddness of only having 49 days left! Even though life has been crazy, and is going to continue to be crazy, I've still been doing my best to make my health a priority. I've been working out and feeding my body nourishing, whole foods. I definitely don't want to get sick yet AGAIN (I still have my cough from the bronchitis I had 4 weeks ago), so lately, I've been making yummy green smoothies in the morning.
I've also changed up my workouts completely. Last week, I wrote a post about PiYo, the new workout program I'm doing. I'm loving it SO much, so I decided to discontinue my personal training sessions at the gym, save that money (woohoooo) and do PiYo along with some run/walks outdoors or on the treadmill. I still have my gym membership of course, but I am loving toning my body with PiYo instead of heavy and strenuous weights. And an added perk is that I can just roll out of bed, press play, and call it a day!
I have a few goals set out for March and I really am going to strive to meet them all. Here are some of my tentative ones, but as always, goals grow and change and progress as time goes on!
1. Keep up with my PiYo workout schedule.
2. Complete my special project training program that starts tomorrow! (more info coming soon!)
3. Keep my gluten-free diet going. I have been sticking pretty closely to gluten free except for yesterday at my shower where I had scones and tea sandwiches and other yummies...my tummy is mad at me this morning, but I have no regrets!
4. GET MY GREENS! Lately, I've been having way more veggies than I usually do, and I seriously feel like wonder woman. Increased energy, happiness, and it has even helped my skin. My green smoothies have been so simple too! Spinach, kale, juice of 1 lemon, and ice. And I'll occasionally throw in a few berries. They are so refreshing and delicious, and I want to drink these at least 4x/week, in addition to the other veggies I have.
5. Add more variety to my meals. I wrote a blog post on this a couple weeks ago, and I want to continue with adding more variety to my diet. The restriction of being gluten-free is hard enough, so it is even more important for me to add variety so I don't get bored. I DO have go-to staple meals that I love and rely on, but I've been experimenting with new meals, new breakfasts, new things to pack for work, and adding more spice and flavor to my meals.
6. Continue on with spiritual and personal development. I want to continue my quiet times with Jesus in the mornings no matter how busy I am, because I know that without Him, I am nothing! I also want to finish 2 personal development books I'm reading: "PUSH" by Chalene Johnson and "Girl Boss" by Sophia Amoruso.
7. Continue writing my book! I have been compiling some recipes and things for an eBook coming out soon. That is why I haven't been sharing as many recipes on here lately! It's a work in progress, but I am so excited for this adventure! I have always loved writing, cooking, and all things food, so isn't an eBook the perfect blend of all three? I think yes.
I think that's a pretty good list for the next 31 days! Of course I also have some more personal goals, but that's another blog post for another time. Now off to our brand new apartment to get our furniture and enjoy this rainy SoCal day!! Happy March everyone!