For the past 6 months, I have been an online health and fitness coach, along with my regular full time job as a registered dietitian at a dialysis center. I feel that these two positions have driven me straight to the heart of my passion: helping people get healthy, have a good relationship with food, and ultimately have a healed and whole relationship with themselves. But where my true passion lies is being a health and fitness coach. I feel that God has called me to this very position, and all the events and ups and downs in my life have compounded to this moment; where I am able to help those around me succeed, strive, fail, pick themselves back up, and conquer what they set out to do.
Every time I try to express to people what coaching has done for me and my passion for this newfound job, I tend to get overexcited, anxious, smile and laugh a lot, and just say "it's so great! it's SO great!" Um...use grown up language, Tveen!
This past weekend, I decided to quiet my mind and try to figure what WHAT makes coaching so great to me. Why do I love it so much? Why do I look forward to working on my coaching business after a FULL day of work as an RD elsewhere? Well! Here are some reasons why I LOVE coaching, and if you love any of the following aspects of health, coaching may be a passion for you too! Feel free to contact me at tveenRD@gmail.com if you would like to join our team of coaches and start living out your passion!
What do I DO as an online health and fitness coach?
As a Beach Body coach, I run online fitness challenge groups which serve as accountability groups for my clients. I help those that are struggling with losing weight, eating healthy, or are just in need of amping up their workout routine. The accountability these groups provide is powerful, as it helps us all go through this journey together. I also have a team of coaches that I mentor and help build their own businesses, which is such a rewarding part of this job!
Why I Love Coaching!
1. Health and fitness have always been a huge passion of mine I've been doing home fitness videos since I was 2 years old, and have the home videos to prove it! Becoming a coach and helping people get healthy in the comfort of their own home has been so fulfilling to me! Having an unhealthy relationship with food myself in my teen and early adult years has given me a first hand experience of how we can use food for our good as well as our detriment. As a registered dietitian, I know all about the nutrition aspect of health, but Beach Body coaching has provided an outlet for me to actually motivate and inspire those around to me to take care of their bodies through good food and healthy movement. I love that I can help friends, family, and complete strangers live healthier and happier lives.
2. Becoming a coach provides me with the accountability I need to stick to my own healthy eating journey. As I mentioned above, weight and food have always been a struggle for me. I lacked accountability in my own life, which led me to make poor food choices, gain weight, then over-restrict, lose weight, overeat, gain weight, and so on. I have gone up and down 20-30 lbs more times than I care to remember in my lifetime. As a coach, I run online accountability groups for my clients who want to work with me (check out my Bootcamp page). These groups not only help my clients, but they help ME as well! Being a coach gives me a safe place to share my struggles, while still having a network of accountability with my clients and the other coaches on our team.
3. No one likes to talk money, but I'm going to talk about it. MONEY. No matter how much we want to avoid the subject, we all want to feel secure in this department. Being a coach not only fulfills my passions, but it also gives me the hope of financial freedom! Coaching has given me the opportunity to make money doing what I love, while being in the comfort of my own home! I was even able to pay off all of my student loan payments last month (yes, I have multiple ones) with JUST my Beach Body earnings, and still had some left over. I am beyond grateful for this opportunity and can't believe that a "job" exists where I can do what I love, while making money and slowly getting out of debt. I have the hope of being financial secure one day and being able to pay off all my loans and live debt free. No, I don't care for the fancy cars or big houses, I just want the security and peace that I am no longer in debt! I am hopeful of what is to come and am so grateful for this blessing!
Where can YOU plug in?
In one of two ways!
1. Join in for my next Joyfully Fit Bootcamp in September! Send me a form via the Bootcamp tab, or email me at TveenRD@gmail.com to get more information on joining my online fitness accountability group.
2. Join our team as a coach! Do you find that you have similar passions as me? Do you love helping those around you? Do you need accountability in your own fitness journey? I would love for you to join our team of incredible coaches! We could do this thing together and motivate each other every step of the way! If you would like to become a coach on our team, again, please feel free to email me at TveenRD@gmail.com or submit a "contact me" form for some more info! I would love to work with you!
Is there anything you are loving in your life right now? A passion that you are fulfilling or feel called to? Share in the comments below!